TEXAS ROADHOUSE TWITTER PARTY PROJECT
Every year, Texas Roadhouse hosts a nationwide
celebration honoring veterans.
- Responsive Brand Website
- Video Scripting + Production
- Photography + Content Creation
- Social Media
- Media + Press Outreach
- Influencer Outreach + Engagement
The promotion is twofold:
On Veterans Day, all current and retired personnel are invited to a free lunch at any Texas Roadhouse location.
Texas Roadhouse teamed up with Heinz’ “Our Turn to Serve” promotion. With that, customers could instantly thank a veteran by scanning a QR code at a Texas Roadhouse location. With every scan, Heinz donated $1 to the Wounded Warrior Project.
We needed to amplify these initiatives through social media.
LEAP Agency partnered with our sister agency, LEAP Amp – LEAP Group’s full-service media and amplification agency – to host a one-hour Twitter celebration the day before Veterans Day.
LEAP Amp gathered a team of influencers that each had a spouse or other loved one who was either active in the military or a military veteran.
We used the hashtag to tweet tactical topics that helped spread the word about the free lunch and donation initiatives. The hashtag also inspired others on Twitter to join the conversation and honor veterans everywhere.
We divide the tweets into 3 main categories:
- Engagement tweets to encourage conversations – from quick questions and retweets to prompts asking users to share about the veterans or active military personnel in their lives.
- Promotional tweets that surprised users with Texas Roadhouse gift cards for sharing their stories.
- Informational tweets that drive awareness of the Veterans Day lunch and the Heinz promotion.
And the end of the day, the Twitter celebration was a huge success, both online and offline. Texas Roadhouse saw an increase in sales on Veteran’s Day.
#TexasRHforVets peaked at No. 2 in Twitter’s trending topics, surpassing a music video Taylor Swift dropped that day.
TRAFFIC INCREASE YOY TO VETERAN’S DAY LUNCH LANDING PAGE
INCREASE IN SALES OF TYPICAL TUESDAY IN NOVEMBER